Northwest Arkansas National Airport Tour Information
XNA tours allow those that are interested in airports, aviation or new experiences, to get a behind-the-scenes look at the airport. The tour begins at the TSA security checkpoint with explanations on the screening process from TSA personnel. We then proceed down to the gate area (the secure side of the airport) where the aircraft land/depart. Oftentimes, there is an aircraft available for the group to board, and the airline personnel explain the procedures involved when actually flying. In addition, the XNA fire and/or police will have their trucks and squad cars for exploration. Tours will last approximately two hours and can be organized to fit specific needs of the group.
Tour Rules and Guidelines
- The maximum size for a tour is up to 30 people including chaperones. Every 4 children must have 1 adult accompanying them. *Be aware, some areas have a smaller capacity limit, if requested to tour*.
- Children must be between the ages of 5 and 18 years old.
- Tours take place on Wednesday Afternoons. For groups larger than 5, you must give a month's notice before your requested tour date. *Some dates may be unavailable.*
- In your request form, please list any specific needs or details your group may have.
- If you need to cancel, please verify us 24 hours before scheduled tour.
*For your safety and others, please refer to the rules below:
- Be prepared to go through security during the tour. Once you are in a secured area, you will be required to stay with your group and tourguide until your group leaves.
- Purses or other personal items will not be allowed during tours, including any liquids. Cell phones are allowed. The only exceptions are for authorized medical needs. Go to https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all for a reference on what you can bring.
- If a person breaks any of these rules at any point during the tour, your escort will immediately end the tour for the group and security will escort the group off airport property. *Be prepared for a random search.*
- Also, be aware that anything can happen, and we may have to cancel at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. Thank you!